We’re bringing back all our classic 10k trail routes but we’re adding a Half Marathon option to each venue – can you go double the distance? Our 10k and half marathon routes take you through soft, springy forest trails lead you deep into woodland, along field edges and past open water, eventually coming home to a superb event village with post-race food, drink, entertainments and more.
All Trailblazer locations have been selected for the quality of their running routes, their accessibility and their stunning backdrops. We pledge to do the simple things well; extremely well. A waymarked and measured 10k and half marathon route, route profiles and maps, professional pre-race warm-ups, electronic timing with quick and clear text and web results, free venue entry and parking, a great race T shirt, special edition merchandise by well-known brands, fantastic goody bag, superb event centre facilities, and of course, some inspiring running.
“I have run a number of trail runs and must say I thought the organisation and marshalling of this event was excellent. Exactly as described – a fast flowing trail run. Definitely will be back next year.”
“Best organised race I have ever entered. Perfect in every way, great day out.”
“Trailblazer was a great event as my 2nd off road run. The course was in a great setting and way-marked really well.”
Children with Cancer UK is the leading national children’s charity dedicated to the fight against all childhood cancers.
Around 3,600 children and young people are diagnosed with cancer every year in the UK. Our aims are to determine the causes, find cures and provide care for children with cancer. Since 1988, thanks to your support, we have raised over £150 million to help save young lives.
Known as the ‘Queen of Forests’, the Forest of Dean has something for everyone – fascinating heritage, spectacular and varied landscapes, plus warm and friendly hospitality. This enchanted place became Britain’s first National Forest Park in 1938 and is England’s largest oak forest. All ages and tastes are catered for with museums, caves and historic buildings where you can discover the area’s fascinating heritage, plus great family attractions where you can ride a steam train, get up close to the animals or even enjoy a creative session painting pottery.
Our event is based at Speech House Hotel. It lies on the B4226 between Coleford and Cinderford, 20miles west of junction 11 of the M5. For specific directions, see the hotel web site at www.thespeechhouse.co.uk/find_us.asp, or if using satnav, use postcode GL16 7EL to pick up our event signage.
Bedgebury National Pinetum and forest is one of the premier forest locations in the southeast of England. With nearly 10,000 trees and shrubs, the Pinetum is the most complete collection of temperate conifers in the world, and an important location for the conservation of rare species. Starting and finishing within the Pinetum, our Trailblazer route makes good use of the surrounding Bedgebury Forest, a venue great for cycling, walking and even playing in the trees with Go Ape.
Bedgebury Forest Estate lies just 10 miles southeast of Royal Tunbridge Wells on the A21. Our event location can be accessed by the B2079 (following signs to Bedgebury Forest and Pinetum from the A21) just before Flimwell village. If using satnav, use postcode TN17 2SJ to pick up our event signage.
This location needs no introduction; centuries of folklore brought to life by Errol Flynn, Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe will ensure the Sherwood is forever world-famous. Today’s Sherwood Forest comprises of a handful of wooded areas spread across Nottinghamshire; we have selected what we deem to be the most beautiful.
Clumber Park is a beautiful National Trust property, complete with, thick woodland, wild gardens and a serene ornamental lake. Just off the A1 near Worksop, 20 miles north of Nottingham, accessible via either the A614, or the A57, by following the brown signs to “Clumber Park”. If using satnav, use postcode S80 3AZ to pick up our event signage.
As a family friendly event we offer parents the chance to enter at a discount into different waves, meaning one of you can entertain the little ones while the other runs.
You can also pick up a free Vita Coco kids pack from the Runner’s World tent and take advantage of the free kids activities in the event village.
– Why have the extra fee rather than just putting up the entry price?
• No-one likes hidden extras. We are upfront about this fee. The fairest way for us to be fully transparent is to separate this cost out and explain it. The Processing Fee has discrete input costs independent of the direct costs that produce the event. It is these costs that calculate the event entry fee.
– Why use the system we use?
• The online payment process is provided by Paypal so it is very secure.
• It offers the opportunity to pay directly from your Paypal account (if you prefer this to paying by credit card or debit card).
• It is the cheapest and best value solution we can find and it is tailored to the events you are entering. We feel it is very competitive in the marketplace, versus the fees charged by other professional event operators.
• It allows you to swap your entry to another participant or change your team members without incurring any further costs.
• It integrates with charity donation web sites so there is a quick and easy way for you to raise money and obtain your fund-raising discount, should you choose. – This fee covers the costs of operating the following
• The credit card and Paypal processing fees
• The IT development in building, hosting and maintaining the online entry system.
• The associated bank fees and insurances required to process the event registration fees
• The administration personnel costs of running the registration database
• VAT at 20% – Why add on a percentage rather than a set fee?
• Rat Race offer such a range of challenges that our price points vary massively. Therefore it is considered the fairest option that all customers are charged the same %age pro rata.
– How can I save money?
• The processing fee will be less the earlier you enter (as it is calculated as a %age) so take advantage of the Early Bird offers to get the best prices across the board.
• Buy a Rat Race Season Ticket and there will not be any entry fees or Administration fees to pay when registering.
• Sign up for standard membership and save 15% on solo entries. Raise money for our charity partner Cancer Research UK* and save £10 if you raise £100 (Adventure Runs) on solo entries or £50 if you raise £500 (Endurance Events)
* Not applicable to all events